Thursday 31 December 2015

PlayStation Developers on 2016’s Most Anticipated Games – PlayStation.Blog


Earlier this week we found out what the stand-out gaming moments for PlayStation developers were in 2015. As promised, today we’re going to find out which games the same group of razor-sharp creative minds are most looking forward to getting their hands on in 2016. Read on to find out, and then chime in with your own picks in the comments below.
Oh, and a pre-emptive Happy New Year from everyone here at PlayStation. Whatever you have planned, have a great evening. See you in ’16!
Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director (Driveclub), Evolution Studios
“As much as I’m excited to play the latest entry in the Uncharted series or try something as intriguing as The Witness, my inner Souls fan is getting more and more hyped for Dark Souls III by the day. I’m already preparing myself to die over and over again!”
Aki Raula, Lead Designer (Matterfall); Housemarque
“One more romp from Naughty Dog in the adventure lands with Nathan Drake. Just a one of a kind experience and now I can’t wait to get sucked in again with Uncharted 4.”
Adrian Chmielarz, Creative Director (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter), The Astronauts
“If I had to choose just one, it’d be Mass Effect: Andromeda. The first trilogy was incredible, and the mind boggles when I imagine what’s in store for us in this new installment of the series.”
Mare Sheppard, Co-founder, Metanet Software (N++)
“Rain World. Absolutely everything about how the game looks and feels is fresh and inspiring. We love how it’s a bold vision that stands apart from every other game, on many levels. We really can’t wait to play it :)”
Mike Bithell, Founder, Mike Bithell Games (Volume)
“2016 looks like a bumper year for fantastic games. Like everyone else I’m eagerly awaiting No Man’s Sky, but games like Adr1ft, Overland and Firewatch have me seriously excited. A new generation of teams are creating some fantastic experiences. I suspect I’d be very hyped for PlayStation VR too… if I hadn’t already fallen in love with my devkit.”
Tom Jones, Principal Artist (RIGS Mechanized Combat League), Guerrilla Cambridge
“There are loads. Aside from RIGS and Horizon Zero Dawn (excuse the obvious plug!) I’m really keen to play The Last Guardian. Team Ico has a stellar history with games like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, so I’m expecting big things from its latest offering!”
Shahid Ahmad, Developer
“The title I’m most looking forward to in 2016 is No Man’s Sky. How could it be anything else? It’s the game I’ve been looking forward to all my life.”
Peter Field, Game Designer (Dreams), Media Molecule
“Oh man, there are so many! It’s probably a close call between The Witness and No Man’s Sky. I think The Witness is currently more intriguing so if I had to choose one I’d go with that.”
Simon Harris, Executive Producer (Until Dawn: Rush of Blood), Supermassive Games
“At the risk of sounding slightly ‘on message’, I have to say Uncharted 4. I love the genre of action storytelling titles and the Uncharted series has delivered through the previous three titles, each time getting bigger and more bombastic. I can’t wait to see what Nathan Drake gets up to in the fourth episode.”
Thomas Grip, Co-founder, Frictional Games (SOMA)
“As a massive fan of Shadow of The Colossus, The Last Guardian is the one I am the most excited about.”
Jun Yoshino, Producer (Bloodborne), SCEE
“So many to choose from! Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4, Doom, Dark Souls 3, Final Fantasy XV… but the standout one for me is Persona 5.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sony Is Announcing 7 Games Next Week

"E3 was only half the story." Sony is apparently going to announce seven games next week. The company said in a  blog post to...